9.30.2012

Pinterest Challenge - Day 30 - Delish Pumpkin Muffins

Day 30 Pinspiration - Click here for a link to my pin

Gotta give credit where credit is due - this pin came from Food.com.

My Version - Delish Pumpkin Muffins

Tomorrow is October 1st which means it is Pumpkin Season!!!  I could eat pumpkin anything...soup, pie, muffins, bread, dip, cake...whatever!  So I had to bust out this recipe for my last Pinterest Day Challenge (I'm totally doing the happy dance right now).  Muffins tend to be pretty high calorie so when I found this recipe I was so excited to try it.  These are 97 calories each :)  And for comparison - Starbucks pumpkin bread 390 calories, Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Muffin 600 calories, Panera Bread Pumpkin Muffins 590 calories.

Here is what you need:
  • 1 box Spice Cake Mix 
  • 1 can Pumpkin Puree (not pie filling)
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (bonus recipe below)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Mix everything in a bowl...yep it's that easy.


Spray your pan with cooking spray or use cupcake liners.  Fill your muffin tin about 3/4 of the way full and bake for 15 minutes (mini's) or 25 minutes (normal).  I do both because Addi likes the mini's.



Here is the final product...these are super yummy and last Addi and I all week for breakfast.  She loves them too and thinks they are "cupcakes."  I love them with a good cup of coffee :)


To make your own Pumpkin Pie Spice, combine:

  • 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
  • 2 teaspoons ground ginger
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
I am super frugal and had all this in my pantry...to buy it at the store is $4.15 for a small container of it.

The Target Gift Card will be drawn on Monday, October 1st at 8:00 pm so make sure you comment before then!  Good luck!
  
One lucky reader will win a $30 gift card to Target.  All you have to do is follow my blog (click on the “Join my site” button under My Followers) and comment on one of my 30 day Pinterest Challenge posts.  Each comment will get you one entry for the gift card…so comment one time or every day.
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I never thought do do mini ones- great idea! I will def be doing that is week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet these would be divine with some Nutella smeared on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my daughter would love the mini ones too! In going to try these this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made it! I'm sure you are super happy that September is over! I loved reading your posts each day - don't disappear on us now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am impressed. I think I want to do a 12 days of Pinterest Christmas crafts with Madeline. You will have to let me know if that sounds crazy!

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE pumpkin. I ate my first slice of pumpkin pie today!!! YAY FOR FALL!

    ReplyDelete