9.12.2012

Pinterest Challenge - Day 12 - Save the Pants!

Day 12 Pinspiration - Click here for a link to my pin

Gotta give credit where credit is due - this pin came from Trotter Sweet Peas.

My Version - Save the Pants!

Addison is tall and skinny (lucky girl) but that makes it kind of difficult for us to find pants that fit her in the waist and in length.  Shorts...super cut - Capris....super cute - Pants....high waters.  She is 2 (will be 3 in December) and can still wear size 24 month waist size.  I was doing a little closet reorganization this weekend and putting away some clothes I knew were going to small when the cooler weather finally comes around.

I found a pair of cords that I really love on her but when she put them on they were super short.  Perfect in the waist though, so to pinterest I went in search of a way to make them last a little bit longer.  Sure enough Trotter Sweet Peas had a really cute idea to Save the Pants!


You start out by cutting 2 inches off the bottom of the pants.


Then you get some cute fabric and insert it in the hole...well it's a little more complicated but not too difficult.  If I can do it anyone can do it.  Trotter Sweet Peas does a quilt pattern but I just did a big cuff.  I like both ideas, I just didn't want to take the time to do all the middle steps.  You cut your fabric insert - I did mine 12.5 inches in length by 2.5 inches in width (accommodates a .25 inch seam allowance).  Addi needed a little more added to make them long enough.

Then you sew the edge...yes I busted out the sewing machine.


And you'll have to forgive me but I forgot to take a picture of the next step...I got flustered with it.  But check out Trotter Sweet Peas blog and follow what she does.  Note...I do not have a zig zagger or surger to finish the inside edges but it still worked.

Here is the first leg...


And the final product....


And my little model...


Definitely going to do this with some of her other fall pants...love the way it turned out :)  Maybe I will become a sewer after all.

Don't forget - One lucky reader will win a $30 gift card to Target.  All you have to do is follow my blog (click on the “Join my site” button under My Followers) and comment on one of my 30 day Pinterest Challenge posts.  Each comment will get you one entry for the gift card…so comment one time or every day.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea, those are so cute!! I may have to bust out the sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete