9.13.2012

Pinterest Challenge - Day 13 - Spicy Margharita Pasta

Day 13 Pinspiration - Click here for a link to my pin & here

 Gotta give credit where credit is due - this pin came from Flickr & Yum Sugar.

My Version - Spicy Margharita Pasta

This has become my go to meal on nights when I just don't feel like cooking but still want something yummy.  My rendition is actually inspired by both the pins above.  I will warn you it is pretty spicy but really good!

Here are the basic ingredients...Vermicelli noodles, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 Tablespoons minced onion, 1-2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper, Pinch of Red Chili Flakes, Squeeze of Lemon Juice, Parmesan Cheese.

I also add in whatever I have in my fridge that is calling my name...I love adding spinach, tomato, zuchinni and chicken.


I start my water boiling for the vermicelli noodles and throw the olive oil in a pan on medium low.  Once it heats up I throw in all my veggies, salt & pepper and chili flakes.


I also start the grill for my chicken (if I don't already have some in the fridge) and cook my chicken for 14 minutes.  I love marinating my chicken in Kraft Roasted Red Pepper Italian Dressing and typically cook a chicken breast or two during the weekend to use for sandwiches, quesadillas or pasta for fast weeknight meals or lunches.


I cook my pasta according to the package instructions and once everything is done I toss the noodles, veggies and chicken in a bowl.


And then I squeeze some lemon juice on top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.


Yum-O!  I love it :)

**Thanks to Shelly @ Shelly No Belly for featuring this recipe on her Friday Five Blog!

Don't forget - One lucky reader will win a $30 gift card to Target.  All you have to do is follow my blog (click on the “Join my site” button under My Followers) and comment on one of my 30 day Pinterest Challenge posts.  Each comment will get you one entry for the gift card…so comment one time or every day. Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Love this!! I featured it on my "Friday Five" today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good. I will be making this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks very yummy! I will have to try it out. I love spicy food. I found you from Shelly's blog. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete