9.10.2012

Pinterest Challenge - Day 10 - Roasted Carrots

Day 10 Pinspiration - Click here for a link to my pin

Gotta give credit where credit is due - this pin came from So Wonderful, So Marvelous.

My Version - Roasted Carrots (didn't change a thing!)

My usual cooking style is take a recipe, read the recipe, find similar ingredients in the refrigerator, add a little of this and a little of that and voila yummy food :)  Rarely ever do I have all the right ingredients or add exactly what the recipe calls for.  But this one...I did it exactly like the recipe read and they were AH MAZING!!  Note to self...maybe you should follow recipes more often :)

I am not a huge veggie fan, growing up, my family was a meat and potatoes or pasta family so we didn't experiment with too many veggies.  But this carrot recipe is great, it has just the right amount of tang and sweetness and the carrots are just the right texture.  Oh and they are really easy and don't take much attention.  I love pairing them with "Chinese Chicken" - tempura chicken and steamed rice!

See that glaze...oh yeah!


Like I said I really didn't change a single thing.  Here is the recipe (thanks So Wonderful, So Marvelous):


Roasted Carrots


Petite Carrots

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil

1 Teaspoon Balsalmic Vingegar

3 Tablespoons Honey

Salt & Pepper

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2.  Toss the carrots in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt and pepper.

3.  Put in the oven for 15 minutes.

4.  Mix together remaining olive oil, honey and balsamic vinegar.  Pour over carrots.

5.  Pop back in the oven for 5 minutes.

Yummy...enjoy!

Don't forget - One lucky reader will win a $30 gift card to Target.  All you have to do is follow my blog (click on the “Join my site” button under My Followers) and comment on one of my 30 day Pinterest Challenge posts.  Each comment will get you one entry for the gift card…so comment one time or every day.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I tried this one time with baby carrots and it did not turn out. Using petite carrots make so much more sense! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout, I'm glad you liked them Mere!

    ReplyDelete