9.16.2012

Pinterest Challenge - Day 16 - Football Queso Blanco

Day 16 Pinspiration - Click here for a link to my pin 

 Gotta give credit where credit is due - this pin came from Blog Chef.

My Version - Football Queso Blanco 

So what is my theme this weekend...stuff your face with all things bad for you.  I know I will pay for this tomorrow but it was totally worth it.  When fall rolls around, Sunday afternoons mean football and queso.  This is a new queso recipe I came up with that is soooo good :)

Here is the recipe:

All you need is 1 can of Rotel, 1/2 pound of sausage (mild or hot), 1/2 block of Queso Blanco Velveeta.


Brown and drain your sausage.



Cut up the 1/2 block of Velveeta into smaller pieces and put in a microwave safe bowl.  Pour 1 can of Rotel Tomatoes over the top.


Microwave until all the cheese is melted in 1 minute increments stirring after each minute (you can also do this on a double boiler but microwave is faster).  When most of the cheese is melted, pour in the sausage.


And here is how it turns out...a bowl of yummy, cheesy goodness.  Enjoy with chips of your choice (I like Hint of Jalapeno and hubs likes scoops) or warm tortillas.


WARNING...this is not low cal at all but it is worth it!  I will run an extra mile just to eat this!

Don't forget - One lucky reader will win a $30 gift card to Target.  All you have to do is follow my blog (click on the “Join my site” button under My Followers) and comment on one of my 30 day Pinterest Challenge posts.  Each comment will get you one entry for the gift card…so comment one time or every day. Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Pinned this! It looks fabulous, can't go wrong with Velveeta and sausage ;)

    ReplyDelete