9.02.2013

Catching Up....August

Finally - my last catch up post!

August has been a month of ups and downs...

The first weekend Mike's sister came into town from Nacogdoches.  The girls had a blast playing together and entertained each other all weekend.



We also took Addison and my niece Kenzie to the circus.  This was the first time both of the girls had been and they had a really good time.

The Greatest Show on Earth!

Eating a snack!

 
Addison loved dancing to the music

But this was also a tough week for Mike's family too.  His Pepaw was put on hospice and so we all went and visited him.  And unfortunately he passed away on August 12.  He was such a great man and did so much for everyone in his family.  He will be greatly missed by everyone.  


Okay...enough sad.  Back to the ups!

Addison started playing Blastball!  I have a feeling she is going to be a little tom boy.  I gave her the choice between ballet and Blastball and she picked blastball.  She is a little slugger too!  She loves hitting and even begged her daddy to get her a tee ball set for the house.  Now they love playing T-Ball every night.

Go Team Orioles!  

Little Slugger!

Addi and Daddy playing T-Ball

We also went to a minor league baseball game with Mike's company.  They hosted all the employees in a suite.  Addison had a good time playing with all the other kiddos and watching real Baseball!

Go Rough Riders

Family Pic

That was August and I'm definitely ready for Fall!  Come on cool weather and all those yummy pumpkin treats!

Pregnancy - 22 weeks:

Well Hello Belly

Weight Gain?  +13.2 pounds

Sleep?  Sleep is good!  I'm still napping on the weekends and we got a brand new bed.  Can I tell you how amazing it is.

Best Moment this month?  Mike felt the baby!  Yay!  I also had my 20 week sonogram and everything looks healthy as can be.  That is a big relief!  

Miss Anything?  Breathing...I get shortness of breath really easily.  

Exercise?  Finally yes!  I have been going at lunch to the Recreation Center and getting on the elliptical for 30 minutes twice to three times a week.  It feels good to sweat again.

Movement?  Big Time Kicks - lots of movement especially after I eat.  Also, lots of movement at night and in the morning.

Size of the Baby?  Spaghetti Squash - 11 inches - 1 pound

Belly?  I have definitely popped.  I can still wear the belly band but not going to be long before I'm totally in maternity clothes.  Loving dresses right now!

Food Cravings?  Sweets...but trying to be good.  Counting calories during the week and trying to eat somewhat healthy on the weekends (with the occasional piece of cake).

Gender?  It's a BOY!  No names picked out yet.

Pregnancy Symptoms?  Oh man...pregnancy symptoms are in full effect.  I have preggo brain like crazy...I literally left my office the other day with my lunch bag and no purse, no keys, no phone.

Also, getting swollen and getting horrible cankles.  But it's only when I'm sitting at my desk all day - I am propping up my feet and trying to elevate them as much as possible.  


And like I said I'm totally out of breath - I can't even walk up stairs without having to take a big breath when I get up there.  This pregnancy is very different than Addison.  I am a lot more uncomfortable now that I'm actually showing.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment